The Results From The Holiday Cookie Competition at Fairgrounds Festival of Lights Are In | Events
The 2nd Annual Holiday Cookie Competition was held at the Fairgrounds Festival of Lights this past Sunday with 26 entries and the results follow.
- Top Honors – Sharon Bauer of Eden with Triangular Santa Cutouts
- 2nd Place - Grace Aroune of Elma with Gingerbread Stars
- 3rd Place - LeeAnn McNally of Blasdell with Arctic Scene Cut Out Cookies
- Top Honors – Bridget Regan of Blasdell with Peppermint French Meringues
- 2nd Place – Joshua Aroune of Elma with Raspberry Almond Thumbprints
- 3rd Place – Eric Zitzka of Kenmore with Gingerbread Cookies featuring Eggnog frosting
There was a total of $210 in premiums awarded including $200 in gift cards to Tops Friendly Markets in addition to the entry fee for the 2011 Erie County Fair Creative Arts Department being waived.
All of the cookie recipes will be available for download at www.fairgroundsholiday.com later in the week.