Sign A Petition To Keep Our Food Safe | Community Spirit
Each day I will write about something that a person can do to help others. I want to show that we can help others without having a lot of money or time. I feel strongly that we all have something that we can offer. The things that I write about will usually not take up much time or require large donations. I love the daily Ways to Save. This can be a Ways to Give.
Action: Sign a Petition
Time Needed: About one minute to read the information and sign
Requirements: You need the internet and the desire to keep dangerous chemicals out of our food supply
Sign this petition to tell the FDA you want to keep arsenic out of our poultry. Other drugs that can be found in the food they feed the animals are caffeine, antihistamines and antibiotics. The caffeine is meant to keep the animals awake longer so that they eat more. The other drugs keep the animals calm and help fight infection. However, when we eat the poultry we are also getting these drugs in our body. It is very dangerous for us to have these antibiotics because they make it harder for us to fight infection if we need them because we become resistant to the drugs if overused. In my opinion these drugs can't be safe to have in our bodies or to feel to our families.
Top North Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live Music, Theater, Food & Drink Specials This Weekend!!
- Dogs Are Family Too To Celebrate All Things Dog
- The Amherst Police is NOW on Twitter....Follow us!
- Williamsville Teens Start Inspiring Fundraiser
- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs encourages residents to make time this Memorial Day to Honor Veterans
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers