“Doctor Andy’s Day for Kids” Supports Sisters Hospital’s Tiniest Patients, Remembers Physician with | Events
Physicians from several area hospitals will trade in their stethoscopes for aprons as they team up for the 18th annual “Doctor Andy’s Day for Kids” on Sunday, February 26 from 12 noon – 6 p.m. at the Buffalo Brewpub, 6861 Main Street in Williamsville. This event helps raise funds for the Sisters Hospital neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) that cares for the hospital’s tiniest patients.
The event is named in memory of its co-founder and biggest supporter, Dr. Andrew Gage, who passed away in 2005. “This special day not only raises thousands of dollars to purchase needed medical equipment, but also helps us honor the memory of Andy Gage and his spirit and dedication to Sisters Hospital,” said Dr. Joseph Maddi, chairman of the event. “He was a generous man with a big heart who just wanted to help babies with special needs.”
During the fundraiser, area physicians will serve as “guest bartenders” throughout the day – donating their time and tips for this worthwhile cause. The Buffalo Brewpub will also be pitching in by donating a portion of the profits from food and beverage sales during the event. In addition to an afternoon of socializing, there will be door prizes and numerous theme basket raffles. Most of the baskets are made and donated by the nurses and staff at Sisters Hospital. The dining room will be open for guests and music will be provided by Gregg Sansone.
Since its inception, “Doctor Andy’s Day for Kids” has raised over $160,000 to fund the purchase of neonatal medical equipment to care for premature infants and babies with special needs at Sisters Hospital.
Top North Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live Music, Theater, Food & Drink Specials This Weekend!!
- Dogs Are Family Too To Celebrate All Things Dog
- The Amherst Police is NOW on Twitter....Follow us!
- Williamsville Teens Start Inspiring Fundraiser
- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs encourages residents to make time this Memorial Day to Honor Veterans
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers