Mazurek's Bakery Prepares for Pączki Day | Events
Tomorrow is Paczki Day! Mazurek's Bakery on South Park Ave in the First Ward is busy preparing these round jelly doughnuts as Buffalo's Polish community celebrates the beginning of Lent.
Over 125 dozen paczki will be produced, by hand, in a 24-hour period. One of the last family-owned businesses of its kind in Buffalo, Mazurek's utilizes a 1920s era brick oven to produce its famous Polish rye bread as well as other rolls, cakes and cookies.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers