Tapestry Charter School’s Academic World Quest Team to Represent WNY | Events
A Statement Released by Tapestry Charter School
BUFFALO, NY - Tapestry Charter High School’s Academic WorldQuest team competes this weekend at the 10th Annual Academic WorldQuest National Competiton held at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
Sponsored locally by the International Insttute of Buffalo, the competiton brought together 14 Western New York high school teams last fall in an academic game format that tests students' knowledge of international affairs. Tapestry’s team won and is now moving on to the national finals.
The national Academic WorldQuest competition is a[ended by more than 225 of the nation’s most promising students, along with their parents, teachers, and chaperones. The 3-hour competition is a unique opportunity for many students to visit the nation’s capital for the first time.
There is a weekend of substantive programming to enhance the experience. This year marks the 10th Annual Academic WorldQuest, the flagship education program of the World Affairs Councils of America.
Top North Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers