Construction Underway at Black Rock Canal Park | News
BUFFALO, NY - Over the past few months, Buffalo's waterfront has made some great improvements. Soon, one more addition can be added to the list.
The Black Rock Canal Park will soon be under construction according to the Black Rock Canal Park Steering Committee.
The announcement was made during the 2nd Annual Ride Along the Waterfront event Saturday morning. The committee has selected a company to start construction on Phase 1 of the new waterfront park.
Committee member Margaret Szczepaniec says the park will consist of a playground, a dog park, extension of the pier and various aquatic educational opportunities. The new park will also provide a space for people to walk, bike ride and kayak along the water.
Only 6-7 miles down the bike path is the newly renovated downtown waterfront. Szczepaniec says the Black Rock Canal Park will be much different. "We want you to put your boats in the water. We want you to come and enjoy the dog park which is on the water. We're offering just a different type of waterfront experience than downtown."
Top North Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers