Buffalo's First Distillery Since Prohibition Planned | News
Buffalo, NY - It's an area near a famous North Buffalo building where cars were made at the turn of the 20th century. Now, in the 21st century, part of it will be used to make booze.
Eight Buffalo Spirits will soon open right behind the Pierce Arrow Building at the intersection of Elmwood and Great Arrow. It will be the Queen City's first distillery since prohibition.
"New York State has kind of been at the forefront of recognizing that micro-distilling is coming back and micro distilling has made a new license that's allowing us to produce spirits right here in Buffalo, New York. We're going to be making rye whiskey and vodka made of locally grown fruits," said Niko Georgiadis, President of Eight Buffalo Spirits.
Eight Buffalo Spirits is still getting things squared away with permits, but their new stills are being made in Kentucky. If all goes as planned, they should be up and running, making spirits in the next few months.
Top North Buffalo Stories
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers