Historical Society Celebrates Our Independence | News
BUFFALO, NY - A celebration of our independence took place Sunday afternoon at the Buffalo Historical Society.
It was a day full of Civil War re-enactments, artifact hunts and guided tours, all to celebrate the War's upcoming 150th anniversary.
One of the re-enactors told us why it's important to take part in these events. "It's for education. We're strictly here for education and preservation. The biggest fear a civil was soldier had was that he would be forgotten. And we're here to make sure that doesn't happen," said Thomas Place.
The event was all part of the Historical Society's Museum Family Day.
Top North Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live Music, Theater, Food & Drink Specials This Weekend!!
- Dogs Are Family Too To Celebrate All Things Dog
- The Amherst Police is NOW on Twitter....Follow us!
- Williamsville Teens Start Inspiring Fundraiser
- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs encourages residents to make time this Memorial Day to Honor Veterans
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers