Termini Planning Project in North Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo developer Rocco Termini has big plans for the building that used to house FWS Furniture in North Buffalo, and a nearby warehouse on Grote Street.
Termini wants to spend $30 million to restore and convert the buildings into residential units with apartments and space for retail.
"I think this is an untapped neighborhood," said Termini. "You're three blocks from Buff State. You're a block away from Wegmans. It's a walkable, sustainable community and I think it's going to be a cool community."
Termini says the state's historic tax credits will help him restore the North Buffalo buildings.
Termini abandoned plans to renovate the AM&A's building downtown because Governor Cuomo has not signed legislation that would raise the cap on individual credits.
However, because the North Buffalo project involves two buildings, he can get two separate credits.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers