Termini Planning Project in North Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo developer Rocco Termini has big plans for the building that used to house FWS Furniture in North Buffalo, and a nearby warehouse on Grote Street.
Termini wants to spend $30 million to restore and convert the buildings into residential units with apartments and space for retail.
"I think this is an untapped neighborhood," said Termini. "You're three blocks from Buff State. You're a block away from Wegmans. It's a walkable, sustainable community and I think it's going to be a cool community."
Termini says the state's historic tax credits will help him restore the North Buffalo buildings.
Termini abandoned plans to renovate the AM&A's building downtown because Governor Cuomo has not signed legislation that would raise the cap on individual credits.
However, because the North Buffalo project involves two buildings, he can get two separate credits.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students