Delaware Apt. Building Evacuated Due to Smoke | News
BUFFALO, NY - Over a dozen of residents were evacuated from their apartments early Friday morning while fire crews looked for the source of smoke.
The incident happened just after 5:30 a.m. at a five-story apartment building along the 1300 block of Delaware Avenue.
A resident tells 2 On Your Side that a light smoke haze filled a number of the floors.
The source of the smoke was traced to an overheated elevator motor. The power was shut off to the motor and the smoke cleared.
Damages were estimated at $500.
No one was hurt.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty