Delaware Apt. Building Evacuated Due to Smoke | News
BUFFALO, NY - Over a dozen of residents were evacuated from their apartments early Friday morning while fire crews looked for the source of smoke.
The incident happened just after 5:30 a.m. at a five-story apartment building along the 1300 block of Delaware Avenue.
A resident tells 2 On Your Side that a light smoke haze filled a number of the floors.
The source of the smoke was traced to an overheated elevator motor. The power was shut off to the motor and the smoke cleared.
Damages were estimated at $500.
No one was hurt.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village