Elderly Man Faces Manslaughter Charge For Beating Death | News
BUFFALO, NY-- An elderly man accused of beating at an assisted-living facility was arraigned on a manslaughter charge.
Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita says Chester A. Rusek, 87, allegedly beat his roommate, Salvatore Trusello, 86, with a heavy magnet at the Kenwall DePaul Assisted Living Center this past November.
If convicted, Rusek faces a maximum of 25 years in prison. Rusek is currently being held in Erie County Jail.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students