Elderly Man Faces Manslaughter Charge For Beating Death | News
BUFFALO, NY-- An elderly man accused of beating at an assisted-living facility was arraigned on a manslaughter charge.
Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita says Chester A. Rusek, 87, allegedly beat his roommate, Salvatore Trusello, 86, with a heavy magnet at the Kenwall DePaul Assisted Living Center this past November.
If convicted, Rusek faces a maximum of 25 years in prison. Rusek is currently being held in Erie County Jail.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers