Elderly Man Faces Manslaughter Charge For Beating Death | News
BUFFALO, NY-- An elderly man accused of beating at an assisted-living facility was arraigned on a manslaughter charge.
Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita says Chester A. Rusek, 87, allegedly beat his roommate, Salvatore Trusello, 86, with a heavy magnet at the Kenwall DePaul Assisted Living Center this past November.
If convicted, Rusek faces a maximum of 25 years in prison. Rusek is currently being held in Erie County Jail.
Upcoming Events near North Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village